Recipes are applied from top to bottom, just like a list of things to do. The Basic Adjustments are also part of the current recipe, though they have their own special panel. The Basic Adjustments to Brightness, Contrast, and Warmth are applied before any Stylets.
Modifying The Current Recipe
- Add to the current recipe by clicking on a Stylet in the Library.
- Delete a Stylet in the current Recipe by clicking the trashcan icon next to that Stylet in the Recipe panel.
- You can show additional controls for a Stylet (if a Stylet has more than one) by clicking the triangle underneath the Stylet name in the Recipe Panel.
- Change the parameters of the Stylets in the current Recipe with the sliders.
- You can enable or disable a Stylet from a Recipe without removing it by clicking the checkbox beside the Stylet name.
If you like the current recipe, and would like to use it again, then save it! Click the Save button at the bottom of the Recipe panel, type a name for your Recipe, and click OK. Your saved Recipe will now be available in your Library for easy recall.
Using The Keyboard
You can use your keyboard to navigate the Recipe Panel and change settings. Click on a Stylet name to select it. The currently active Stylet will have its name italicized. Use the up and down arrow keys to select different parameters, and the right and left arrow keys to move the sliders. Holding the CMD key (CTRL on Windows) while using the left / right arrows will make sliders move in increments of 1.
You can also press Enter to type a value for a slider directly into the box. Pressing enter again confirms the new value.