DIRTY PICTURES – TECHNICAL INFO
- Requires Photoshop CS3 or later (and is compatible with CS5)
- Compatible with Windows XP / Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) / Win 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), and Mac OS X
- Current version is v1.5.1 (Mac) and 1.5.2 (Windows)
Totally Rad! Dirty Pictures is actually two products in one – you’ll get 21 custom texture overlays, designed to blend seamlessly into your images to add character and depth. You’ll also get our brand-new Dirty Pictures interface, which makes applying textures a breeze. In a few clicks you’ll be able to find the perfect texture for your photo, add the texture to your image in a separate layer, and set up layer masks to control the effect. You can also save your favorite settings for each texture, preview your texture choices with your own custom previews, and tag your favorite textures for easy access later. Dirty Pictures will also work with your own library of textures, so if you are a texture buff already, you can add the power of our Dirty Pictures interface to those, too.
- Includes 21 custom-designed high-resolution texture overlays
- Automatically places your texture of choice into the photo you’re working on, rotating and scaling to fit
- Automatically sets texture blending mode and opacity
- Configurable per-texture defaults for blending mode and opacity
- Automatically sets up layer masks for minimizing texture effects in areas of the photo you don’t want the texture to apply
- Add your own library of textures to the texture library
- Visually select the texture you want to use from a window of texture thumbnails
- Select how you want to browse the textures in your library – either by texture name, texture thumbnail, preview with current image, or preview with a preset (cached) image
- Choose your own custom images to be cached for easy browsing of your textures
- Easily tag your favorite textures for quick access
- Extensive documentation with video tutorials to get you up and running at www.gettotallyrad.com/support/dirtypictures
Please enjoy our random and arbitrary version numbering scheme.
- Initial Public Release
- Security Fix in Windows Installer
- Fixed bug where some users couldn’t add external texture libraries
- Fixes bug in Windows installer for CS4
- Minor stability and UI improvements
- Minor Mac stability improvements
- CS5 compatibility.
- Bugfix that improved compatibility with 3rd party textures
- Fixed bug where units set to percent would break things.
- Added support for .png and .psd formats for texture files
- Added options to control texture rotation and aspect ratio.
- Added option to enable / disable conversion to RGB if the image is grayscale. When unchecked, images that start in grayscale will remain grayscale, and the texture will be converted.
- Fixed installer to work with all current known configurations (XP, Vista 32 and 64, Win 7 32 and 64-bit, CS3, CS4 32 and 64, and OSX – and CS5 32 and 64-bit)
- Disabled the Dirty Pictures menu item for images that aren’t in RGB or Grayscale.
- Various bugfixes and improvements